TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: 9 Reasons a Wet Test is essential
Complete the form below to book a wet-test.
When it comes to shopping for a Jacuzzi® hot tub, we’re firm believers in the “try before you buy” mentality. Testing a hot tub before you buy will allow you to see the hidden aspects that you didn’t know were important. Come and experience for your self, why Jacuzzi® set the standard by which all spas and hot tubs are measured. Here are 9 great reasons to book a wet test:
- THE INS and OUTS. Until a spa is full (and wet), it is impossible to tell if it is going to be easy to get in and out of. If you have young children, you want to make sure that everyone finds a safe and easy way to get in and out of the tub
- ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL. Once you’re in the hot tub, your buoyancy changes, and it’s much easier to answer questions like “Is the tub I’m in a good fit for my body type and height?” Adequate depth and foot space are crucial, so make sure there’s enough room in the foot well and that your torso is fully immersed when sitting up comfortably, but not too deep that you can’t put your arms up if you want. Many generic brand hot tubs or spas have two or three full size seats and the rest are very small seats that wont fit an adult.
- PICK THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE. You and your significant other might be looking for the same type of massage – or a completely different one. But who wants to find out that you both always want the same seat when it’s already taken? Test them out together and make sure you are both happy.
- FEEL THE POWER OF THE JETS. The right jets will make or break your hot tub enjoyment, so get in and make sure it works for you. Look for the right jet in the right place, large jets targeted to large muscle groups, small high intensity jets for tight spots that carry a lot of muscle tension. Don’t rely on sticking your hands in the water – hands are more sensitive than most of your body, and often give a false impression.
- NOT ALL JETS ARE CREATED EQUAL. Even if the jets look to be in the right place, you need to make sure they are the right style of jet – some jets have a more direct stream, while some have a wider, more soothing stream. (Also, make sure that the jets are easy to adjust and adjust to your liking!)
- JETS CAN MOVE YOU. Yes, jets give you a great massage. But if they are not combined with intentional design and a proper layout in the hot tub – they will simply blow you out of your seat. Be sure to try the jets in every seat.
- LISTEN’ TO THE SILENCE. Hear that? It’s the sound of silence. A top-of-the-line hot tub should make virtually no audible noise when the water is circulating, heating and filtering. Also, listen when the jets are engaged — no one wants their quiet time spoiled, including your neighbors, so make sure the hot tub you’re in runs quietly.
- EXPERIENCE THE WATER. The best hot tubs avoid unpleasant chlorine smells and skin – drying chemicals. And if your dealer, who is a professional, cannot keep the water clean, it’s going to be a challenge. (Our CLEARRAY® water purification technology uses ultra-violet light and should leave you smelling clean, fresh air without the harsh chemical scent).
- NUMBERS CAN BE DECEIVING. Sure, 100 jets sound like a great idea- but you can only get so much power at once unless you also have strong pumps and efficiently engineered plumbing. Look for a find a perfect balance of jet power and strength, with the ability to customise pressure and air mix to your preferences. We strongly suggest you go beyond the numbers and actually get in the tub, so you can experience it for yourself.
ASK AWAY! While soaking, you’ll undoubtedly come up with questions you might not have otherwise thought of. That’s what your dealer is for, so ask away!
Many dealers offer special “wet-test rooms” designed to maximise privacy, and are happy to schedule wet tests after hours when no one else is present.